Scrap Metals Manager Billy Gets WAMITAB Qualification
At GBN, we want to make sure our employees are up to date with the latest innovations in waste management and recycling. That’s why we’re happy to announce that Billy, our Scrap Metals Manager, has just completed his WAMITAB qualification in Non-Hazardous Waste Treatment and Transfer.
WAMITAB is an awarding organisation and charity that develops skills and certificates for those working in waste management and recycling, cleaning and street cleaning, facilities management and parking. Their aim, like ours, is environmental sustainability.
Billy’s qualification means he has been fully trained in major areas of waste management including:
- Non-Hazardous transfer with treatment
- Treatment of land for reclamation, restoration or improvement of land
- Treatment of waste wood for recovery
- Mobile plant for treatment
- Use of waste to manufacture timber or construction products
- Material Recovery Facilities
- Metal Recovery Site (wet scrap e.g. oily metal)
- Other mobile treatment facilities
As a company, it’s important to us that our staff are experts in the field of recycling and waste management. We support all of our staff when it comes to training and personal development.